The Gifted and Talented Association of Montgomery County, Maryland, Inc. (GTAMC) is a volunteer organization that advocates for the instructional needs of gifted and talented and higher-achieving students in Montgomery County and serves as a resource on giftedness for parents, educators, and other interested parties in the community.
A diverse crowd of somewhat more than a hundred participants asked questions and received practical advice.
GTA MC and MCCPTA's Gifted Child Committee Hosted a
***FREE COLLEGE ADMISSIONS SEMINAR***
THE COLLEGE ADMISSIONS GAME: THE RULES HAVE CHANGED
Featuring College Consultant Shirley Levin MA, CEP
Wednesday, 14 May 2014
The handouts from the seminar are available from the "2014 College Admission Seminar" link in the left margin under "Advocacy".
* How has the admissions process changed since you were a student?
* What courses should your child be taking now to prepare for a competitive college?
* What do admissions officers consider besides academics?
* How should your child prepare for the ACT and the new SAT?
* How important are these scores? ?
* Who would do best on which test?
* How do you help your child narrow down the list and choose the "best fit" colleges? What about "safety" schools?
* How have population trends impacted the admissions standards?
* How has the financial aid process changed in recent years?
* How has the current economic situation affected college choices and college admissions?