THE COLLEGE ADMISSIONS GAME: THE RULES HAVE CHANGED
Featuring College Consultant Shirley Levin, MA, CEP
Thursday, May 8, 2012
7:30 – 9:00 PM
Walter Johnson High School Cafeteria
6400 Rock Spring Dr.
Bethesda, MD 20814-1913 (See below for map and directions)
Open to all Montgomery County Parents and Students Planning for College
- How has the admissions process changed since you were a student?
- What courses should your child be taking now to prepare for a competitive college?
- What do admissions offices consider besides academics?
- How should your child prepare for the new SAT and ACT? How important are these scores?
- How do you help your child narrow down the list and choose the "best fit" colleges? What about "safety" schools?
- How have population trends impacted the admissions standards?
- How has the financial aid process changed in recent years?
- How has the current economic situation impacted college choices and college admissions?
Directions to Walter Johnson High School
Walter Johnson HS is located next to (north of) Democracy Blvd., near (west of) Old Georgetown Rd., and inside the “triangle” formed by the two I-270 spurs and I-495. Enter the school on Rock Spring; parking lots are on Rock Spring and Rockledge Dr.