Gifted and Talented Association of Montgomery County
You're here! Join our listserv - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GTAletters/
Montgomery County Council of Parent Teacher Associations (MCCPTA)
The Montgomery County Council of Parent Teacher Associations serves 189
local PT(S)As and their over 50,000 - parents, teachers and people who, through advocacy, support the mission of PTA. MCCPTA has an important "seat at the table" in many MCPS decision making arenas.
Other Montgomery County Parent Groups
- Save the Visual Arts Center (VAC) at Einstein - 50% of
the VAC staff (one of the two teachers) was cut from the budget last
year. The VAC needs two full-time staff members. Please send an email to
the Board of Education at email@example.com and tell them how much the VAC
means to you.
- Montomery Blair High School Magnet Foundation - The Mission of the Magnet Foundation is to promote science, mathematics and computer science education by supporting the Magnet Program at Montgomery Blair High School
in its efforts to develop resources and refine practices needed to
provide a rigorous and enriched education for students, staff and the
community at large.
- GT/LD Network - (Gifted and Talented/Learning Disabled) - a non profit organization run by volunteers to support gifted students who learn differently.
- Asian-American Parents Advisory Council
- MCneeds - MCneeds
is a grassroots organization that advocates for the improvement in the
quality of life for individuals with disabilities and their families in
Montgomery County, Maryland. Its membership includes parents,
advocates, lawyers, teachers and many others. While its focus is
primarily special education, MCneeds advocates for and addresses other
issues that impact the lives of individuals with disabilities.
- NAACP Parents Council - Advocates for African-American students
- Parent Encouragement Program - a non-profit educational organization for parents, teachers and others who want to deal constructively with children and teens. PEP is dedicated to the building and strengthening of healthy, harmonious adult-child relationships in the home or classroom.
- Global Garden Public Charter School - a group of parents, educators and community members working to establish Montgomery County’s first charter school. We believe that charter schools are an opportunity for Montgomery
County to lead the way in public school innovation and to broaden its
already exemplary provision for students.
- Parents Coalition - is a citizen's
network dedicated to improving the responsiveness and performance of
the Montgomery County Public Schools. Drawing from education advocacy
groups throughout Montgomery County, Maryland, the Parents' Coalition
seeks to use the political process to achieve the goals of coherent,
content-rich curriculum standards; high expectations combined with
timely remediation and acceleration; a wider range of educational
options for parents and children; greater transparency and
accountability; and meaningful community input.