National Gifted Advocacy
- Hoagies Gifted Education Page - Absolutely the best and most comprehensive resource on giftedness. This website is the creation of a software engineer and mother of gifted
kids, Carolyn Kottmeyer, who in 1997 began organizing her growing bookmark file of
favorite gifted references into Hoagies' Gifted Education Page.
It has grown to over 400 pages of information on every aspect of
raising and educating gifted children, including more than 500 pages of
articles from ERIC Clearinghouse for Disabilities and Gifted Education
(ERICEC) and a separate page for kids and teens.
- Wrightslaw Special Education - Of particular interest to parents dealing with GT/LD issues--but also just GT issues--this site offers accurate, reliable information about special education law, education law, and advocacy for children with disabilities.
- The Davidson Institute for Talent Development (DITD) supports profoundly gifted students under 18, their parents and
educators. It maintains the massive Davidson Gifted Database
a collection of online articles, gifted-friendly resources, an archive
of news articles, and an events calendar. It also includes many
hard-to-find writings by experts on gifted education, along with reader
comments. Other features of the site include links to information on
DITD programs such as the Young Scholars Program, the Davidson Fellows Program, and the Educators Guild program for teachers of gifted students.
- SENGifted - (Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted) is a national association which focuses on
the unique social and emotional needs of gifted children and adults, provides guidance, information, and resources for gifted individuals, their families, and the professionals who work with them, as well as a
forum to communicate about raising and educating these children.
- Gifted Homeschoolers Forum - Supports gifted homeschoolers in the United States and around the world through education, advocacy, community and support.